Until I saw the film of the same name, I had never heard of a Bucket List. Since seeing the film however, I have heard of a few.
Now I must admit, I was initially a little freaked out at the thought of writing such a list. It just seemed a tad morbid, to be talking about the things that you would like to do before you die. Upon reflection though, I have decided that writing one or two of these lists for ourselves, may not be such a bad idea.
Now, at the tender of 39, this list could potentially be quite long, so I will stick to just ten things that I would like to do before I pop my size 4 clogs!
1. Visit New York. Now this one will be crossed off the list very soon, as my Hubby and I are going there for my (special) birthday this year. Goodness, 39+1, how on earth did I reach this age? Oh well, in the words of my daughters boyfriend, “Age is only a number!’ Bless him, I like this way of thinking! I’ll make sure she sticks with him!
2. Spend the day in a recording studio and come home with my own CD. Singing is probably, actually no, It is unquestionably, the thing that I enjoy doing more than anything else! Unfortunately, I neither have the voice or the confidence to do it professionally but it doesn’t stop me from enjoying it. I would take my guitar too for a couple of songs. I would bring the CD home and sing along to it when I am all alone doing my daily chores!
4. Get my sagging bottom into gear, save some pennies and hop on a plane to Sydney to see my Big Bro & his Family!
5. Run in the Barbados half marathon!
6. Go on a Safari in Kenya followed by a week at the beach in Mombasa. Not sure if I will ever get to do this, as Hubby is really not keen at all! I do quite like the idea though of camping a big tent and eating around a camp fire whilst being protected by men with big guns!!
8. Have a holiday with my Hubby in Mexico.
9. Go to the Grand Prix in Monaco, again, with Hubby!
10. Last, but by no means least, buy a Villa in Lajares in Fuerteventura!
So there you have it, My scaled down, very tame, Bucket List. Maybe we should all write one of these lists. whether the list is completely achievable or not, surely it can’t hurt to have something to aim for?